Re: GNU Emacs Reference Manual

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs Reference Manual
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:56:17 +1300

 > Hi, I'm looking for some kind of Emacs Reference Manual, based on the
 > Official Emacs Manual (info) but only with the most important and
 > basic summaries. Is there anything like that or should I write it
 > myself?

The Emacs manual is a really a user manual, the reference manual being the
Emacs Lisp Reference manual.  In my experience, a reference manual tries to be
exhaustive and covers details not often needed, not just provide basic
summaries.

If you are trying to get/provide a basic understanding of Emacs without the
effort of skip reading the Emacs Manual then the tutorial (`C-h t' or the top
item in Helpon the menu-bar) might provide what you are looking for