emacs ispell / flyspell

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: emacs ispell / flyspell
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 05:24:17 +0100

Hi,

I installed ispell under cygwin with practically no problems. Ispell now works when I type "M-x ispell". But there are 2 problems:

Q1) Is it possible to avoid ispell entering latex environments, thereby avoiding errors such as on the word "subfigure" and similar latex-commands (there are *many errors* from these "special words")? Is it also possible to avoid getting spelling errors for instance inside \ref{THIS_IS_ON_PURPOSE_SPELLED_WRONG} or \label{something_here_too}?

If yes: Please tell me how.

Q2) This is perhaps trivial, but whenever I write latex-documents, I would like to enable flyspell mode from the beginning without having to type M-x flyspell. I googled for a solution and found a reply from 1999:

Try `M-x ispell-minor-mode RET'. This will automatically spell each word as soon as you type SPC or RET.

Another possibility is the flyspell package (`M-x flyspell RET', I
think).  I don't know if it works with XEmacs.

But how do I put that into my .emacs, in relation to question 2?

This post is X-posted to comp.text.tex and gnu.emacs.help.

Regards,
Martin