Re: SV: Post script printing from emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: SV: Post script printing from emacs
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:53:09 +0100

Am 03.01.2008 um 07:59 schrieb Thor Nordstrand:

I am using GNU Emacs 20.7.1 for VHDL coding.

I'm not sure whether your problem is really an Emacs problem – I have an old Emacs 20.7 ... and I can't make it happen! So I assume two causes:

 • your system's printing subsystem
 • VHDL mode

Third cause can be

 • your own or your system's customisation

If the PS file looks exactly like the sheet of paper, then you should try to print some simple text or some dired or the *Messages* or *shell* buffer, again with the spool command, to save some paper. Again two pages on one sheet of landscape paper? Then it must be your customisation.

Launching GNU Emacs with -q or --no-init-file will disable it from loading your init file. Then spool something *before* you opened any VHDL file. How does it look? If it's still in landscape, then it's likely that the system's init file is doing something. It's name is site-init.el, somewhere in load-path. If not, then it's likely your own customisation.

I don't have any VHDL by hand so I can't do all the tests myself ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
                                – Douglas Adams