eLisp: Print variable content to message buffer

From: Will
Subject: eLisp: Print variable content to message buffer
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:48:31 +0100

Hi,

after looking around in the web without finding a solution, I still wonder how one can print the content of a variable to the *message* buffer. Specifically, I'd like to have an output like this in my *message* buffer after starting Emacs:

"This is my Emacs Exec-Path:"
<exec-path>

Thanks in advance,

Will

PS: What reference for eLisp would you recommend
(apart from those included in Emacs)?