Re: Is there a mod-emacs?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Is there a mod-emacs?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:35:53 +1100

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Just as there are mod-perl mod-python etc for apache is there
> something like mod-emacs of some sort?
>
> Context is as follows:
>
> org mode has org-export-as-html which produces html for the
> corresponding org file.
>
> If apache could be configured to talk to emacs then when it is asked
> to serve a .org file, say foo.org it could do
>
> emacs -batch -eval '(org-export-as-html foo.org)'
>
> and serve the resulting html.

There is an emacs elisp httpd server (at least there use to be one), but no
mod_emacs that I'm aware of.

Of course, this is a rather resource expensive way of serving a few pages -
you would always have to have an emacs image loaded or accept fairly slow

I think a better solution would be to add a hook to the org mode save
function that does an automatic export as html whenever the org file is
updated. The pages can then be served by a regular httpd process and as a
new export is done whenever the org file is saved, the pages will always be
up-to-date (provided they are edited by emacs of course).

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au