Re: `global-set-key' doesn't work in my console

From: Forrest
Subject: Re: `global-set-key' doesn't work in my console
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:48:13 +0800

On Jan 9, 2008 3:31 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

> Am 08.01.2008 um 17:32 schrieb Forrest:
>

> > thank you for your patience, however, do you mean that only printing
> > characters and C-@ to C-_ can be processed by emacs?
>
> Please don't mix up GNU Emacs and your console!
>

> > then what if you press F1~F12? and Home, End, Del, Ins? and Left,
> > Right, Up,
> > Down?
>
> These keys are not producing Control-anything events. Simple proof: C-
> q <your key press>.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
> Pete
>
> There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
> We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
> - Jeremy S. Anderson

i wrote a program which invokes `getchar()' at startup, then i press `C-,', nothing happened, while `C-[a~z]' seem ok.
so i think the terminal doesn't pass all of the C-<KeyPress> combinations to the program, i don't know which ones are chosen, but obviousely `C-,' and `C-.' are not
i tried to figure out why, then i googled much but got little helpful, it seems that `terminfo' is the point but i cannot understand what it is, the output of 'infocmp' is a mess for me :(

i have changed the scrolling key-bindings to `M-n' and `M-p' and they work good in the console

--
Stupid is as stupid does.