Re: `global-set-key' doesn't work in my console

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: `global-set-key' doesn't work in my console
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:51:25 +0100

Am 09.01.2008 um 10:48 schrieb Forrest:

i tried to figure out why, then i googled much but got little helpful, it seems that `terminfo' is the point but i cannot understand what it is, the
output of 'infocmp' is a mess for me :(

It's not that. It's ASCII:

        C-@ -> \000 or NUL
        C-a -> \001
        C-b -> \002
        C-z -> \032
        C-[ -> \033
        C-\ -> \034
        C-] -> \035
        C-^ -> \036
        C-_ -> \037
        SPC -> \040

This has nothing to do with terminfo. The latter is for drawing and moving the cursor on an alpha-numeric text screen.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.