Re: Cannot run PDB properly in emacs 22.1.1 on windows-xp

From: roc lee
Subject: Re: Cannot run PDB properly in emacs 22.1.1 on windows-xp
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:53:20 -0800 (PST)

On 1月11日, 下午6时59分, Nick Roberts <nick...@snap.net.nz> wrote:
> That's because there isn't a file calledpdbin your path that points to
> c:\python25/Lib/pdb.py (I don't if symbolic links exist in windows-xp).
>
> But you haven't answered my question or tried my other suggestions.

Thank you for your help. I have tried all the method you suggested :)

I can have the PDB worked. I just cannot have it done this
interactively. I mean,
the debug message was not displayed immediately when the debug
command
was inputted, but was thrown out all together after the "q" was
given.:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Current directory is c:/
> c:\test.py(1)<module>()
-> i = 1
(Pdb)   1  ->        i = 1
[EOF]
(Pdb) --Return--
> c:\test.py(1)<module>()->None
-> i = 1
(Pdb) The program finished and will be restarted
> c:\test.py(1)<module>()
-> i = 1
(Pdb)
Debugger finished

Today I found a topic, which gives a clean description about this:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq7.html#subproc-buffer

The output of PDB is buffered (by python.exe, not emacs) and cannot
been displayed.

Now it works with this command:
python -u -m pdb test.py

-u     : unbuffered binary stdout and stderr (also PYTHONUNBUFFERED=x)
         see man page for details on internal buffering relating to '-
u'

Many thanks to you, to Thierry Volpiatto, to Eli Zaretskii.
Thank you for your kindly help :)