RE: Recursive require when trying to compile and use Icicles

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Recursive require when trying to compile and use Icicles
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:19:00 -0800

> I can no longer compile Icicles because of the following errors
> regarding recursive requires:
>
> Compiling file /home/per/pnw/emacs/contrib/icicles/icicles-mode.el at
> Thu Jan 17 10:20:02 2008
> icicles-mode.el:155:44:Error: Recursive `require' for feature `menu-bar
> +'
> Compiling file /home/per/pnw/emacs/contrib/icicles/icicles.el at Thu
> Jan 17 10:20:03 2008
> icicles.el:818:1:Error: Recursive `require' for feature `icicles-mode'
> Compiling file /home/per/pnw/emacs/contrib/icicles/synonyms.el at Thu
> Jan 17 10:20:04 2008
> synonyms.el:587:1:Error: Recursive `require' for feature `icicles'
>

> I am using bleeding edge Emacs with latest Icicles.
> What is wrong?

Thanks for your report, Per. You can also send an Icicles bug report
directly using `M-x icicle-send-bug-report'.

Please make sure you have the latest versions of any of my files that you
have in your load-path - e.g. menu-bar+.el, info+.el, and the Icicles files.
Since the problem was introduced recently, try updating the libraries I
changed most recently. Use this URL to view my library changes

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?action=rc;match=%5C.%28el%7Ctar%29%28%
5C.gz%29%3F%24;from=1117497600;showedit=1;rcuseronly=DrewAdams

If that doesn't fix the problem, please send me a more complete backtrace.
For that, temporarily move the byte-compiled files out of your load-path,
and start Emacs with the option --debug-init.

HTH - Drew