Re: Beginning Hobbyist Programmer Question

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Beginning Hobbyist Programmer Question
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:44:36 +1300

 > Can anyone provide a cogent explanation for why I should take the time
 > to climb that learning curve?

No, because we don't know, and don't really want to know, what you would use it
for.

 > What are the benefits, as you see them?

The benefits to me probably aren't relevant to you.  It's not a one size fits
all question and such general discussion wastes everyone's time.  Why don't you
just try the tutorial ('C-h t') and make your own mind up?  Then if you *do*
decide Emacs is for you, this *is* the forum to which to post your questions.