OT about Gnu/Linux (in service of Emacs)

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: OT about Gnu/Linux (in service of Emacs)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:44:29 -0600

I am trying to wean myself of the ms OSes but I am having trouble at every turn. On another ng devoted to the Red Hat distro I was told that it was enough to have Xmodmap in /etc/X11 in order to remap the mouse and mod keys but I still have to run xmodmap Xmodmap before the keyboard is set up the way I want it for Emacs. Does a script have to be put somewhere in order for the remapping to happen automatically for all users? Do I have to do it twice (once for root and once for ordinary user? This is on Fedora 8.

Thanks,

Ed