How to compile this simple program in GNU emacs

From: ravi
Subject: How to compile this simple program in GNU emacs
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:58:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I typed in the following code "newone.c" in emacs
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
  int i;
  printf("enter i");
  scanf("%d",&i);
  printf("\nthe value entered is %d",i);
  return 0;
}

Then i did M-x compile
gave the command : gcc -o newone newone.c
Then again M-x compile and ./newone

Now emacs displayed another buffer in "compilation mode" like this

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "~/Desktop/new/" -*-
Compilation started at Mon Jan 28 07:19:01

./newone
enter i

I have entered 45.

Now here I when I press <RETURN>, it is saying "No error here". But
how do I send in the value 45,  without pressing <RETURN>

enter i45<unable to press enter>

I am also unable to press <SPACE>, <BACKSPACE>

Please help me. I looked in compilation mode manual and emacs manual
but could not figure out.

Should I be pressing in some key sequence ?

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
ravi.