Re: RCIRC loading problem with Solaris 10!

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: RCIRC loading problem with Solaris 10!
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:09:19 +0100

Am 29.01.2008 um 16:35 schrieb rthoreau

/opt/sfw/share/emacs/21.3/lisp

This directory belongs to the GNU Emacs installation. It's not the proper place for some "third-party software" add-on. /opt/sfw/share/ emacs/21.3/site-lisp and /opt/sfw/share/emacs/site-lisp are more appropriate. (load-library "rcirc") typed into *scratch* buffer and then a C-j should load it, just to proof.

BTW, GNU Emacs 22.1 comes with rcirc: 22.1.50/lisp/net/rcirc.el.gz (OK, I'm using a version from CVS! So it must not be true what I claim).

--
Greetings
  Pete

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
                                – Rich Cook