Task list like Eclipse's that can keep track of TODOs in multiple source

From: Michael Hoffman
Subject: Task list like Eclipse's that can keep track of TODOs in multiple source files
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:30:07 +0000

Is there a task list mode that will find tags like TODO/XXX/FIXME in source files in a directory, make them into tasks and allow me to edit them/reorder them in the task list?

I understand that Eclipse and Visual Studio can provide at least some of the functionality listed above. The best I can do thus far is the use of M-x multi-occur, which is useful but does not allow me to simply reorder/sort/edit.