Re: Apply a saved macro to region

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Apply a saved macro to region
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:06:00 -0700

>>>>> "Ankur" == Ankur Jain <ankurj@gmail.com> writes:

Ankur> I saved a macro which appends a comma(,) at the end of a
Ankur> line. I want to apply this saved macro to a region now. I mean,
Ankur> I select a region in emacs and do "append_comma" macro command
Ankur> to apply this to the whole region.

What I would usually do is make a keyboard macro that operates on the
current line and then moves to the next line.  That way if I run it
multiple times it will do the right thing.

Then to apply it to a region, I would 'C-x n n' (narrow-to-region),
move to the start, and run it enough times.  You can do this using C-u
a lot.  Finally, 'C-x n w' to widen to the whole buffer again.

Tom