Re: Mysterious hidden end of line characters.

From: David
Subject: Re: Mysterious hidden end of line characters.
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:54:00 +0100

> > ~ $ su
> > Password:
> > dell-1 /home/dave #
> >
> > What options are there for having a nicer prompt in eshell? It would
> > be nice to show the path in the prompt when the path is short or
> > abreviate the path in the prompt when the path is long. Am I dreaming?
>
> Is it what you need ?
>
> (setq eshell-output-filter-functions (list 'eshell-handle-ansi-color
>                                          'eshell-handle-control-codes
>                                          'eshell-watch-for-password-prompt))

Thanks Thiery, well not quite. Actually, something funny happened with
my last email, what I see at the prompt for the super user has some
code which looks like "^ [1;31m", but when I send this email from
emacs to mutt this code becomes converted so in the email it doesn't
look so bad and no one could see what the problem was.  To get around
this I have added a space after the ^ in this email. It's the "^
[1;31m" which really looks bad in the eshell. It looks like this short
piece of code isn't converted but just pronted as it is making the
prompt for the super user look ugly.

cheers
Dave