Using US Ascii Input Method in Emacs 22

From: patrick
Subject: Using US Ascii Input Method in Emacs 22
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 06:40:34 -0800 (PST)

I use Emacs 22 in the current testing distribution of Debian
("Lenny"). My standard keyboard layout - set up during the
installation - is Swiss (German). In Emacs, I can switch from the
default input method to a Greek one, for instance, but there is no
entry for a US Ascii keyboard layout (or at least, none I'd recognize
as such). I remember having spotted such an entry in Emacs 21, but
currently list-input-methods doesn't show anything like it. Is there a
way to get an Ascii layout for Mule? It strikes me as weird that there
is none in my installation. I'd like to keep my keyboard configuration
inside Emacs because trying to set up anything useful in X hasn't been
much fun so far - and I don't really need foreign keyboard layouts
outside Emacs.

Thanks for any help,
Patrick