Re: Which mode for editing (ba)sh scripts

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Which mode for editing (ba)sh scripts
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:54:37 +0100

Am 05.02.2008 um 11:17 schrieb Alain Muls:

if I select to insert eg an 'if' statement from the Insert menu, than I get the following error:

sh-if: Autoloading failed to define function skeleton-proxy-new

Launch GNU Emacs with -Q or -q to see whether this comes from some customisation.

Modern Emacsen should display in mode-line "[(Shell-script[bash])]" – maybe added by View.

To me it looks as if you have a problem with skeleton.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one that corrupts your file?
                                – Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy