Re: Equivalent of vim's o or O commands

From: Brian Adkins
Subject: Re: Equivalent of vim's o or O commands
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:44:17 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 6, 5:45 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian Adkins wrote:
> >> One of the things that you might consider trying is viper-mode.  That
> >> way you don't have to give up your typist friendly keystrokes just to
> >> use Emacs' lisp-scriptable goodness.
>
> >> Jason
>
> > Thanks. I did try viper mode briefly, but it seemed nothing like vim
> > (maybe it's more similar to vi), so I gave up on it.
>
> Did you try this:
>
>    http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/vimpulse.el
>
> If you try it please let us know what you think.

My first attempt didn't go so well. I chose viper level 5.

1) V did not put me into line visual mode, instead it attempted to
"Find file in other window".

2) v did not put me into visual mode, instead it attempted to "Find
file"

3) Neither C-c nor C-[ took me out of insert mode back to normal mode.
There's no way I'm reaching for ESC each time.

So, that's pretty much a deal breaker, unfortunately.