Re: Anything.el for Windows

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Anything.el for Windows
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:47:42 +0100

Sébastien Vauban <zthjwsqqafhv@spammotel.com> writes:

Hi Sébastien,

>> Strange. Could you please eval the following expression and report
>> back what happens?
>>
>> (let ((buf "*locate*"))
>>   (apply 'start-process "locate-process" buf
>>          (append anything-c-locate-options
>>                  (list "pattern")))
>>   (pop-to-buffer buf)) ;; <-- Press `C-x C-e' behind the last closing
>>                        ;;     parenthesis.
>
> Yes, it does create a new buffer, in which the following is to be
> found:

[...]

Really strange.  The code above is a copy of the command
anything-c-source-locate uses to get the candidates list.  Did you
redefine it or use an home-brewn locate source in anything-sources?

Anyway, please paste your anything-sources, so that I can check if I can
reproduce the bug here.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Thousands  of years  ago Chuck  Norris  came across  a bear.  It was  so
terrified that it  fled north into the arctic. It  was also so terrified