Re: turning colors off

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: turning colors off
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:52:34 -0500

> I'm having a lot of trouble with recent versions of emacs which try to use
> color as a means of syntax highlighting.  I'm sure many people must like
> this, but I find them illegible mostly due to contrast issues.

> Is there some way I can shut this off globally?

I also dislike those colors, but rather than turning it off, I like to
change it so it doesn't rely nearly as much on color.  E.g. I make
comments grey, I make strings use italics, and make important elements
(such as names of function at the definition site) bold.
Everything else (e.g. keywords like `if') is set to use the
default font.

        Stefan