Re: C-mode-style whitesmith with emacs 21/22

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: C-mode-style whitesmith with emacs 21/22
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:21:07 -0500

Lars Meier <skuldLEAVE_THIS_OUT81@gmx.de> writes:

> Hallo NG,
>
> I'm using whitesmith style for the emacs c-mode because this style is
> very simular to the existing code I'm working on.
>
> Some time ago I switched to emacs 22 because the version has some
> improvements which are important for me. But with emacs 22 the
> whitesmith-style does the indentation different than emacs 21 at least
> in the default setting. Hear is a short example:
>
> emacs 21:
>
> int main()
>    {
>    my_function(xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>                yyyyyyyyyyyy,
>                zzzzzzzzzz);
>    }
>

> emacs 22:
>
> int main()
>    {
>    my_function(xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>       yyyyyyyyyyyy,
>       zzzzzzzzzz);
>    }
>

> But the emacs-22-version is not what I need and it's very tedious to fix
> this by hand. Is there a simple way to change this back to the old
> behaviour maybe by changing an indentation setting or something like that?
>

> Lars

I do something like this,

(defun my-c-mode-common-hook ()
  (c-set-style "user")
  (c-set-offset 'case-label '+)
  (c-set-offset 'substatement-open 0)
  (setq fill-column 75)
  (imenu-add-menubar-index)
  (add-hook 'c-mode-hook 'turn-on-cwarn-mode)
  )
(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook 'my-c-mode-common-hook)

You would need to change "user" to "whitesmith", and tweak a little,
but it should not be all that hard to do.

Dave