Re: Task list like Eclipse's that can keep track of TODOs in multiple so

From: Michael Hoffman
Subject: Re: Task list like Eclipse's that can keep track of TODOs in multiple source files
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:32:53 +0000

Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com> writes:

Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com> writes:

What I ended up doing was using org-mode. To keep links with places in
the original file, I made a keyboard macro that replaced the old TODOs
with #1, #2, #3, etc. and copied them to the org file with a link back
to the location of #1 in the original file.

Planner and remember do that without writing anything in the file:
when you are in your file you just C-x C-n to be able to take a note
linked to that point in the file.
Thanks, but I want a method that will be robust to changes in the
linked file. I do not understand how this is possible without adding
anchors in the linked file somehow.

It is robust. And you can also create tasks from your file that are
linked to the exact line where you want to work .
Without adding any anchors!

I do not understand how this would work. How does remember know where the link is to if I change the file?