Re: Consolidating Widely used Powerful emacs "features"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Consolidating Widely used Powerful emacs "features"
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:48:01 +0100

"Sanjeev Kumar.S" <sanjeevfiles@yahoo.com> writes:

> Every once in a while we come across some emacs feature, which after
> using for a few days, we wonder how we got along without this ?

Of course I am utterly biased as author of those features, but I'd give
everybody writing LaTeX the advice to check out a recent AUCTeX version
with preview-latex.

And I'd recommend users of Emacs 22 (and later) to reread the section

(info "(emacs) Regexp Replace")

I am pretty much the offending party for the stuff after half a page
down, and it comes in quite handy for text manipulations.  Computed
replacements are quite a powerful tool that have become available only
recently.