Re: Ispell not working in TeX mode

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Re: Ispell not working in TeX mode
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 03:08:08 +0100

Hello Peter,

> Of course I am not use Losedos user, but how about adopting this code to your init file?
Sorry, it did not make a difference :-(

> You probably know how to find the dictionaries *spell can use.
Sure. They are within the Aspell folder. Aspell should find them by itself.
> Setting the programme and the dictionary once might allow both to survive the change of the slice/volume/partition/drive. If not, there are some variables you can set to determine exactly and unalterable where aspell will find its dictionaries and other paraphernalia, maybe best as "C:/...": I am very sorry, but I am not very familiar with Lisp and Emacs programming. Thus, the above dose not make sense to me, at all. I do not think it is a problem to find aspell. It is within the path, and only AUCTeX is not able to start Aspell. Every other Emacs mode is able to do some, and from the command line I can start aspell as welll. As I wrote, I am able to switch a buffer from TeX mode to text mode, and aspell will work in that buffer.
>     ispell-aspell-data-dir
It is within the path, so it should not matter. Aspell.exe is recognized no matter where on one "is" on the computer.
>     ispell-aspell-dict-dir
I am not sure what this is . . .
> Maybe you also need to create a hook that changes
>
>     ispell-process-directory
>
> if not changed correctly.

How would I do that? Sorry for asking, but as I said, I am no Emacs expert.

Thanks,
Rasmus

Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 15.02.2008 um 15:59 schrieb Rasmus Pank Roulund:

  I use Emacsw32 22.0.990 and AUCTeX 11.85. Aspell 0.60.3.
I use Aspell for spell-checking (obviously). I have split my hdd into two partitions. One for programs and one for data, documents etc. My tex documents are located on the data partition (letter D) while Emacs, AUCTeX and Aspell is located on the software partition (letter C). When I open a tex file on the D drive, AUCTeX is not able to start the ispell process. In messages is says:

    Starting new Ispell process [dansk] ...
    Applying style hooks... done
    Error in post-command-hook: (error Process ispell not running)

Sometimes it writes
    Starting new Ispell process [dansk] ...
    Spell checking loese-tanker.tex using aspell with danse dictionary...

You're using Aspell and complain that ispell is not working?

To which programmes belong the "dansk" and "danse" dictionaries?

I am using

    (setq ispell-program-name "ispell")

to make GNU Emacs use the old ispell programme instead of the new aspell. The ispell-program-name variable's definition can also be a full pathname.

--
Greetings

  Pete

                – Mark Twain