Inferior Ruby Mode

From: Arcadio
Subject: Inferior Ruby Mode
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:48:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've recently switched to Emacs for programming in Ruby.

I've noticed that the stock Inferior Ruby Mode (inf-ruby.el) has 2
inconveniences:

1. There's no command history, i.e. M-p and M-n don't work

2. The output of irb isn't read-only, i.e. it can be deleted using the
backspace

Does anyone know how to fix any of those? Are they missing features or
should I add anything to my startup file?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

A. Rubio