Re: records-mode ?

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: records-mode ?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:55:23 +0000

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

> What I am looking for is something as simple as:
>
> 1. free form notes taking mode

Org has this.

> 2. quick search

Org has many search facility.

> 3. no setup if possible

Org setup can be as minimalist as possible.

> 4. not too many features (I want to concentrate in the note
>    taking and not in the note tweaking/customising/whatever)

This is up to you.

> 5. still maintained so that I can report
>    bugs/fixes/patches/requests

Org is actively developed and maintained.

> After having tried Org Mode, Muse, Howm (a little) they are
> really good package but too feature full and none offer a good
> indexing system to retrieve informations quickly and easily
> (except by adding links here and there).

As you know, I am an active user of Org, so my feedback is surely
strongly biased here.  But I would be curious of a more concrete example
of what you call "indexing" and what you exactly need.  Maybe what you
need is not another tool, but a different way to use existing ones.

--
Bastien