use-file-dialog

From: address@hidden
Subject: use-file-dialog
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:54:40 -0500

Where the heck can I get use-file-dialog in the settings in order to switch OFF this annoying popup file selection window. Cant a developer have a tickbox with the option on this popup menu to leave us with CLI file open?

Every time I install a system I have to change this for every user and it is always difficult to find. Is it not possible to have the settings remain in the user's .emax directory in order that upgrades do not reset all the previous settings? Emacs is very configurable, but at least the user settings must be remembered accross versions.