Re: Too small fonts after Emacs-Snapshot update

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Too small fonts after Emacs-Snapshot update
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:38:59 +1100

Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

> Hi Thierry
>
> Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It seem emacs start with default fonts because it don't find anymore
>> your adobe-courier fonts (or don't recognize ?)
>> which version of emacs is it?
>
> It's 23.0.60.1.
>
> I will try to change the default font to see if this works better.

How are you setting the default font?

Try specifying a font on the command line when you start emacs. Note
also that I believe that emacs-snapshot is built with the
--endable-font-backend. this means you can use things like

emacs-snapshot -fn "Bitstream Sans Mono-10"

but of course, you need to have the appropriate fonts installed.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au