Compilation mode very slow with large files

From: Giuseppe Scelsi
Subject: Compilation mode very slow with large files
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:17:30 +1100

Hi,

In Emacs 22.1.1 for Windows, when I open a large file (15 MB) and then
switch to compilation mode, emacs hangs.  I suspect it is very slow in
processing the buffer, maybe fontifying?  Does anyone have a suggestion
on how to work around this?  I am really interested in getting the
active links to the source code, I wouldn't mind if there is no error
colorization.

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe