Re: SMTP library problem

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Re: SMTP library problem
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 22:42:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On 4 Mart, 20:09, "James Long" <longs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq smtpmail-smtp-server "~server~")
> (setq smtpmail-smtp-service ~port~)
> (setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("~server~" ~port~ "~user~" "~pass~")))
> (setq smtpmail-debug-info t)
> (setq smtpmail-debug-verb t)

I'm not sure if it's still related with your problem but... AFAIK,
you'll also need to set smtpmail-auth-credentials variable too. (BTW,
assuming you configured starttls-gnutls-program and starttls-extra-
arguments appropriately.)

> I'm sure my credentials, server, and port are correct, and that the
> server is fine.  I don't get anything in the SMTP trace buffer.  I
> suppose I should figure out how to use edebug, which I will attempt
> later on.

I dunno about edebug (I should check it out too), but you can simply
get a rough idea about the problem via some kind of strace tool. (Or
listen communication going on on related ports via some middleware.)

Regards.