Apache Struts view in Emacs Lisp

From: Corey Foote
Subject: Apache Struts view in Emacs Lisp
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:03:05 -0500

Hi,

I've been given the responsibility of creating a web application using Apache Struts. For those of you who don't know, Struts is a Web Framework which facilitates the development of Java web applications using the Model-View-Controller Design pattern.

From what I've read, Struts does not provide, nor is it dependent on, a specific presentation technology. Since the view is decoupled from the model, it is possible to support multiple views, each for a different client type, using the same model component. I'm interested in creating a view which is implemented in Emacs Lisp in addition to the view which I am already creating using Java Server Pages. This would provide a front-end for my application's emacs users, while my non-emacs users would be free to access the application through the web.

I'm looking for some guidance on implementing such a view. Does anybody have experience with this, or could point me to some helpful examples or documentation?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Corey Foote