Re: File name completion on Mac OS X with German umlauts

From: Markus
Subject: Re: File name completion on Mac OS X with German umlauts
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 22:47:56 +0100

Nikolaj Schumacher schrieb:
That being said, I don't know any solution.  I thought utf8-m.el would
fix it, but I must have been mistaken.  It's one of the cases where
UTF-8 isn't backwards compatible with ASCII when comparing strings, so
the fix is non-trivial.

Thanks for your reply. But I guess this is maybe not only an Emacs bug, but also one in Mac OS X. In the recent years, Linux finally succeeded in dealing with umlauts well. But I quit Linux three years ago for the Mac ... I didn't expect such annoying things to reappear :-(

Markus