Re: What already existing RMAIL or EMACS commands are there to filter al

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: What already existing RMAIL or EMACS commands are there to filter all the email in RMAIL with spamassassin headers indicating spam to a separate file that can be checked anytime for false positives?...
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:07:22 +0100

Don Saklad <dsaklad@gnu.org> writes:

> Thank you! I'm grateful for the hints, tips and pointers.
>
>           For storing Rmail message in a folder, look at
>           `rmail-automatic-folder-directives'.
>           C-h v rmail-automatic-folder-directives REG
>
>           For using spam filters with Rmail, put this in your configuration:
>           (require 'rmail-spam-filter)
>           (setq rmail-use-spam-filter t)
>           Then you need to set `rsf-definitions-alist':
>
>           M-x customize-variable RET rsf-definitions-alist RET
>           Edit it to deal with spamassassin headers.
>
> Attempting this hasn't worked out yet. Regrettably,
> while it looked like a good complete explanation for a person with
> a certain expertise, it's problematical for a level of user merely
> using more familiar emacs commands.
>
> What existing emacs commands are already available, emphasis existing
> and already available without having to set anything?... for filtering
> all the email in RMAIL with spamassassin headers indicating spam to a
> separate file that can be checked anytime for false positives?

Use fetchmail ==> procmail+spamassassin ==> RMAIL, gnus or what you want

fetchmail get the mails from your server and give the mails to procmail;

procmail use spamassassin to filter the mails and put the mails in your
mail-source directory.

RMAIL or gnus or anything else read the mails from mail-source directory.

--
A + Thierry
Pub key: http://pgp.mit.edu