Re: Circular require

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: Circular require
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:54:10 +0100

Hi Carsten,
On 2008-03-13 13:22 +0000, Carsten Dominik wrote:
In this package I have a number of files that implement certain
funtionality, and I can use autoload or a well-placed `require'
statement in the code to get the code loaded when I want.
ERC has that kind of facility in place. For examples, users can set up:
,----
| (setq erc-modules '(netsplit fill track pcomplete ring button autojoin | smiley services match menu scrolltobottom
|                              stamp track page spelling readonly))
`----
to choose what kind of functionality they need.

Nice solution, but it looks a bit strange that erc-update-modules only turns on the minor modes. Is that correct?

It seems to me that is first requires the feature and then indeed turns on the minor mode. So maybe each feature is a minor mode???

- Carsten