Re: Text folding mode?

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Text folding mode?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:53:23 -0800

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> There is something called foldout (beside outline and hide-show etc). I
> have never used foldout, but it is described in the manual, see
>
>    M-:  (info "(emacs) Foldout")
Hi Lennart:
I'm looking at the documentation and did load the mode.
I don't see anyway that I could fold something like the following:

;; @syntax (CGI:cookie-set <cookie-name> <cookie-data> <domain> <path>)
;; @param <cookie-name> The string for the cookie variable name
;;        <cookie-data> List begins with 'extra data ("" if not any)
;;               followed by alternating names and values (not nested)
;;        <domain> Domain for which cookie is valid. Needed.
;;        <path> Path for which domain is valid. Recommended: "/cgi-bin/"
;; The lines above are documentation, which I would like to hide/unhide
;; at will. Is there a way to:
set-mark-command
;; scroll to end of documentation
hide region? Oh an epiphany! google'd emacs hide region
And guess what .... just found hide-region.el at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/hide-region.el.
 And I like it.. Will work for me.
 Ain't emacs great?! Google too.

thanks