Re: Recursive load of tramp makes my latest Emacs CVS snapshot build unu

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Re: Recursive load of tramp makes my latest Emacs CVS snapshot build unusable
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 05:17:08 -0700 (PDT)

On 19 Mar, 12:38, "Juanma Barranquero" <lek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@web.de> wrote:
> >  Check ~/.emacs! -q tells GNU Emacs not to load this file. So the
> >  cause for recursive loads must be in ~/.emacs.
>
> The trigger is in .emacs, most likely (ido-mode 1).
>
> The cause is a bug; most likely either in the change to net/tramp.el
> of two days ago, or a sleeper in ido.el.
>
> Workaround: use (add-hook 'term-setup-hook 'ido-mode) instead of (ido-mode 1).
>
> (The bug has already been reported to the emacs-devel list.)
>
>  Juanma

Nope.

I don't use ido-mode. Problem still occurs.
The annoying thing is that I don't get any stack-trace, that is "Enter
Debugger on Error" is active. The only hint I get is the error message
mentioned above.

However!, I have managed to temporarily solve the problem by putting
(require 'tramp) at the beginning of my .emacs.

/Per