Re: Favicons in w3m look garbled

From: Sven Joachim
Subject: Re: Favicons in w3m look garbled
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:20:04 +0100

On 2008-03-23 17:41 +0100, cothrige wrote:

> I am using Emacs 22 in Debian Lenny, with the standard w3m-el package
> (1.4.4-8).  I also have imagemagick 7:6.3.7.9.dfsg1-2 installed.  Up to
> about a week ago everything seemed normal, but then I noticed that the
> favicons in the mode-line and the tab bar were messed up.  For instance,
> when using google I used to get the typical 'G' logo, but now it is a
> splotch of pixels with no order to it.

Now that you mention it, I'm seeing this as well (Debian Sid with the
same versions of w3m-el and imagemagick).

>  I have gone through the
> variables and settings hoping to see something which may impact this,
> other than turning them off, but so far nothing.  I have also updated
> and upgraded my packages, just in case.  That also did nothing.
>
> I am wondering if anyone else has noticed something like this, or is
> familiar with it, and may be able to point out what may fix it.  Is it
> an imagemagick problem?  That would seem the most likely.

Maybe. To be sure, you could try to downgrade imagemagick, if possible.
In any case, please submit a bug report in Debian (I checked the
existing reports, but failed to find anything related).

>  Has the above
> version had troubles, or perhaps there is a change I can make to the
> parameters used which could help?  Thanks for any ideas.

No ideas from my side. :-(

Sven