Re: Outdate session.el?

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: Outdate session.el?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:56:15 +0100

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

>    On 2008-03-19 10:18 +0000, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>    > Particularly history, particularly from compiling. Session.el offers
>    > much more, but I don't remember consciously what more I am using. I
>    > should re-read the manual to know in which wealth I am working ...
>
>    Session.el is sort of being replaced by savehist.el.
>
> "sort of" ? Does it replace it or not ? :)
>
>       Xavier

session.el seemed to be more comprehensive when I tried them.

All I have is ...

(require 'session)
   (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)

... all my file open history, search history etc are saved. Works well
for me. I'm not sure why savehist exists as it doesn't appear to provide
any improvements that I can see. Any more info appreciated.