Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state

From: bev
Subject: Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:28:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.

I'd like to figure out a way to open an outline file in it's fully
collapsed state, so that all I see is the headers. As things stand
now, when I open a file in outline-mode it's fully expanded and I have
to run \C-c \C-q - (hide-subtrees) -  to get it into the collapsed
state. It's a bore to have to do that every single time I open one of
those files.

I tried adding (eval-after-load (hide-subtrees)) to the outline-mode-
hook, but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bev