Re: Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:25:17 -0600

bev <fbe2@comcast.net> writes:

    I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying add that to the top
    of every single outline file I have? (Hundreds). I don't want to do
    that. I need a function that will simply run (hide-trees) every time I
    open an outline file. I really can't take the time to go add a line to
    hundreds of files. Also, I've never seen that before. Is that lisp
    code?

No, as I already said, this was a mistake on my part.  I
thought the question was about org-mode.  I am pretty sure
this will not work for outline mode.

Maybe try putting in your .emacs something like

  (add-to-list 'outline-mode-hook (lambda (hide-sublevels 1)))

I haven't tested it, but I think something like this would
be the answer.