Saving info from inside of error handling

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Saving info from inside of error handling
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:38:17 -0600

I have the following inside a loop where filename is changed and I want to build a string or list of filenames for which the user has answered that the existing file should be overwritten. Can I test for y-or-n-p return result (write-file defun in files.el) and have the program report in which places the files have been replaced with the contents of the current buffer?

  (condition-case nil
                    (write-file filename t)
                  (error nil))

Thanks,