Reasons for Switching to Eshell

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Reasons for Switching to Eshell
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:45:35 +0100

Dear All,
I am slowly discovering new features in emacs and I found out it has its own shell (eshell). Now, I wonder if it is a good investment to learn how to use it. I found tons of tutorials online (BTW: any recommendation to start me out?), but I am missing the big picture. I suppose that eshell must be perfectly integrated with emacs, but other than that are there reasons to give it preference with respect to .e.g BASH?
Many thanks

Lorenzo