RE: Info-mode and ido

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Info-mode and ido
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:02:11 -0700

> I'm trying to make use of ido style completion in Info-mode.
> Specifically, when `m' (namely, M-x Info-menu) in info buffer, I'd like
> it to do completion in ido's style.

I can't answer your ido question, but you might want to try `icicle-Info-menu'
(bound to `m' in Icicle mode) as an alternative. It is a multi-command, which
means you can use a single command invocation to navigate among the nodes for
any number of Info menu items. Cycling, completion (including substring/regexp)
and direct access are available.

`m', `g', and `i' act similarly - each is a browser: menu items, manual nodes,
index entries. Your current minibuffer input filters the set of available
candidates (menu, node, or index) incrementally. You can also sort these
candidates in various ways - for `g' that includes the book's node order as one
possibility.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Info_Enhancements