Choosing a versioning system (was My dream work log:)

From: rustom
Subject: Choosing a versioning system (was My dream work log:)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 29, 10:18 pm, Mike Treseler <mike_trese...@comcast.net> wrote:
> B. T. Raven wrote:
> > Check out Menu>Tools>Version Control
>
> See also:
>
> Menu>Tools>Compare
>
>      -- Mike Treseler

Out of curiosity I did this and found that the default version control
system that gets invoked is rcs.
I wonder if this (default) is the best advice to a noob??
My impression is that rcs was superseded by cvs by svn by.. well... a
lot of competition!
This is a genuine question --- I'm familiar with many versioning
systems but not too good at any of them.

So what do most emacs-ers use?