Re: Bookmarks in non-file buffers?

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: Re: Bookmarks in non-file buffers?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:33:39 +0500

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

>  You could check session.el ...

>From http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net/details.html :
"The buffer must visit a readable file." I'm afraid, this is not what I need.

Actually, what I want is to use Emacs as an ebook reader. Most of my
books are in  (or, at least, can be converted into) html and pdf. A
necessary feature of any book-reading program is to save the last
location in the current file. I tried w3m-session-save for html files,
but it only saves the current url, not the point in the buffer.

As for the Icicles recommended by Drew, I had an impression from the
manual that the multiple regions don't keep the mode used to open the
file.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev