From which version of emacs was global-font-lock-mode and font-lock-maxi

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: From which version of emacs was global-font-lock-mode and font-lock-maximum-decoration true by default?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 22:29:24 +0200

As the subject says, from which version of emacs was global-font-lock-mode and font-lock-maximum-decoration true by default?

I'm trying to clean my .emacs file and I noticed I was setting those two to true (t) even though they are true by default on my bleeding edge version I run on my own computers. However, sometimes I have to use emacs 21.4.1 and I've made monolithic .emacs file for easy maintenance but if those are true in emacs 21.4.1 as well I will be removing them from my .emacs file. I tried googling but I just got links that weren't relevant.

I checked the wiki and it only says those were not on by default on old versions of emacs but how old, that is what I want to know. :)

Thanks for any replies.

- Eric