RE: Find all commands bound to key prefix

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Find all commands bound to key prefix
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:22:50 -0700

> Likewise Drew Adams wrote:
>
> > That doesn't work for all (even most) prefixes. It doesn't
> > work for C-s, for instance (isearch-mode-map).
>
> What is C-x C-v a prefix for -- all possible files in the system?

I didn't say anything about C-x C-v. I said that a prefix key followed by C-h
doesn't always show the prefix key bindings.

FWIW, I suspect that the OP might have meant `C-x v', which is a prefix key and
for which C-h does work: `C-h v C-h'. But there are other prefix keys for which
it does not work.

,----
| isearch-mode-map
| ----------------
|
| Keymap for `isearch-mode'.
|
| key             binding
| ---             -------
|
| C-@ .. C-f    isearch-other-control-char
| C-g           isearch-abort
| C-h           isearch-other-control-char
| TAB .. C-j    isearch-printing-char
| C-k .. C-l    isearch-other-control-char
| RET           isearch-exit
`----

Some users, such as myself, explicitly bind C-h in isearch-mode-map so that C-s
C-h does show the C-s bindings. RMS does not want that behavior for Emacs,
however.