Re: How to customize fonts in the tex-mode?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to customize fonts in the tex-mode?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:14:41 +0200

Am 08.04.2008 um 13:36 schrieb Yang:
Just curious, what function does this key sequence execute? (it seems that
"C-h k" will only accept a single key sequence)

C-u is a "universal" prefix, or argument, i.e., it can mean different things in each case it is used. So leave it away and try

        C-h k C-x =

For C-x = it just makes the function create more and detailed output.

I don't even know if my carbon emacs is loaded with the AUCTex package by default.

The recent ones are.

How do I find out these?

Visit a TeX or LaTeX or ConTeXt file and look at the menus. The TeX or LaTeX menu will have some AUCTeX entries.

It would certainly be very convenient to just copy the carbon emacs settings instead of going through everything manually.

You can extend load-path (the Emacs variable) to search for the AUCTeX and Preview ELisp files inside the Carbon Emacs bundle. Or you can install AUCTeX. And extend load-path, too. The lines

  (load "auctex.el" nil t t)
  (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)

in some init file would be needed. Best read the AUCTeX (and Preview) manual(s) from Carbon Emacs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week.
                                – Evan Esar