new window when I forward-search

From: Snail
Subject: new window when I forward-search
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:21:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am enjoying using emacs+auctex for latex editing and compiling,
except for one problem.
While I am editing one file simultaneously viewing the result (with
kdvi in my case), sometimes I have to open another tex file for a
short time and then close it. After doing such a thing, if I press
some hot key for  backward-search (by clicking kdvi), it opens up a
new emacs windows, rather than directly go to my old emacs editing
window.

Do you have any solution to this problem? I am using the following
command

emacsclient --no-wait +%l %f || emacs +%l %f

in the dvi setting for forward and backward search.

Thanks.